Saturday, February 24, 2007

**New Experiences**

WELL! Its been a while since I've posted..

It has been a great week for me..I had a trip down to Great Ocean Road with my family and Bri's family over the weekend..To find out more about it, click on brigette's link..haha..yay, tumpang her blog! It was a good trip, really got closer to everyone who went..

mmm..So Uni's starting on Monday for me..I have a 15 hrs a week..yeap, and I only have 1 hour on mondays and fridays.. bout 4-5 hrs for tues,wed and thurs tho..but the past week has been orientation..altho I spent most of the nights out with my family, i still got to join IH O-week during the daytimes..IH stands for International House by the way, it's where i live in..its been great..I've been meeting lots and lots of ppl from different countries..Sing, HK, US, Mauritius, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Japan, Korea, Philipines, Thailand, China, Aus..and of course Malaysia..!

Orientation week at IH was great..hehe..we played crazy games and stuff..like one of it apparently is an IH tradition..its a three-legged race where the team is supposed to click a block of ice around the whole IH..and along the way, we get bombed with water, flour, oatmeal and mud..so..it all ended up being a BIG mudfight..haha..They also had stuff like bad taste parties (which everyone dresses their worst) and cocktail parties..din attend those tho as i was having dinners wit my family..

Also, they brought us to the Rod Laver Arena the other day..that's wehre the Aussie Open is held every year..tennis? We got to go onto one of the courts, the players' changing room and toilets (which I used, haha!), and also the press conference room.. its was awesome..I even got to see Andy Roddick's locker!..







hmm.. so that was fun.. After that, we had this thing called the Magical Mystery Tour..Well, it wasn't that magical but it was one to rmbr.. Basically, our seniors took the whole IH freshers around the city.. we were running everywhere in a whole bunch.. there were more than hundred of us..on the way were doing chants of IH..one of em goes like this.."IH is hot to go! H-O-T-T-O-G-O! Ahum! Hot to go! *clap clap* Ahum! Hot to go! *clap clap*" It was really crazy..we did stuff like cram into a corner McD's shop and started shouting "We want fries! We want fries!"..so much to tell you guys..

God been really good.. as He is always to all of us..My brother's have been a great blessing and i'm starting to get used to life here..its much more challenging and I guess I haf to learn to stand on my own..esp for what i believe in..His Grace is just amazing..We don't deserve it.. haha.. and guess what? for those of you who knew..I was worried I couldn't play drums for the whole year and i wanted to be able to play music so badly.. well, found out to day that IH actually has a music room with a piano and a set of drums in it!.. haha plus i brought my guitar!!and there were these M'sian dudes that I met that can play instruments well..one guy stays at tropicana 7/1(I stay at 4/1...I KNOW!) and he plays the guitar and piano by hearing..the other dude used to play for a Christian band back home in M'sia..so its been really good.. hehe.. met up with lots of Christians as well..looking forward to my first week of church here..mmm..

I mean there's so much more to tell.. well, i'm enjoying God's blessings here..truly goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life..I miss you guys back home so much..but thank God I'm loving the fun and challenges here too..truly, looking to HIm for strength and grace and goodness.. well, all things!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hey James!!!
haha, seems like u really enjoying yourself over there!!! =P
yoz! but making me regret that i didn't want to go. haha, oh well..
Neways, didn't say goodbye to you b4 u left!! ehhe, but great to know how u're doing over there from ur blog. Haha. Hope u continue to have a blastin time over there & grow stronger in Him as well!! haha, yes! stand strong man!! =) Take care & see u soon!! God bless!!