Sunday, March 4, 2007

First Week at Uni and more..

Hey! This was my first week at Uni. Man..i want a new phone so badly so i can just take pictures of stuff and post it on here..Right now my pictures are all wit my friends in their rooms, so its a bit troublesome.. Don't worry, I'll get them soon so i can show u guys what i've been up to.

So first week of uni was a bit awkward at first. Its mainly cause you walk into this lecture theater filled with ppl you dont know. There are like 300 students(I'm guessing) in the large theaters, so yeap, making friends with the ppl sitting beside me is a priority. Well, since then, i;ve been able to find ppl with same lecture times as me from IH, so we sort of end up sitting together. If you ask me, tutorials are better places to meet ppl. Basically, we have like 15-20 ppl in tutorial classes, and meet once or twice a week. Its an experience to have to do reading by yourself, remind ureself of assignments and stuff. Yeap. Its definitely a challenge.

I've been attending a few churches to decide which one I'll settle in. Went to Planet Shakers today and was at Crossculture(the former Swanston Street Church of Christ) on Saturday for an International Students Meeting. I've also attended my bro's church called CityLife. Crossculture seems really M'sian to me, and PS is definitely Western. My bro's church is sort of a mix between the two i guess. Well, going to join their cell groups soon, so i'm giving myself 3 weeks to make a decision. Its real interesting to go around and see the churches tho.

On the fun side! Yesterday, me and my friends went down to Lygon Street(an Italian street in the city) for a Ferrari parade sort of thing. Melbourne's gonna host the F1 race next weekend, so Ferrari had this demo on Lygon Street. We got to see old and new ferrari's displayed and they even got some drivers to drive the new F1 cars down the whole street, and at the end, they did a 360 spin. Now that was awesome..



Plus, IH had Commencement Dinner on Thursday. Well, basically we all had to dress formal and put on Harry Potter gowns. It was real nice though. After dinner, all the IH-ers walked to a cafe in Uni(in our gowns!)and had coffee and cakes. We were also given blue glowsticks, so everyone was waving them around and stuff. It was really fun.





Yeap..God has been blessing me with Christians friends here. So we''ve been trying out churches together. I really thank God for that cause it really is a blessing and a support. God's been my strength and my joy.. His love and care for us is so amazing and He is always so faithful to us. Yeap, so I'm doing good. And I'm praying and believing that i'll do better..for Him!

signing out
James!

No comments: