Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Struggles

I find myself going through struggles everyday.  I mean, some days are much better than others but if you look deep enough, if you honest enough - you'll know there's something you're wrestling with.  It might be a thought, a decision, a past hurt, an uncertainty.  We experience it in our studies, in our Christian walks, at work, in the family etc. 

Struggles. 

Just a reminder to myself though.  I've developed a habit time and again of covering up and sugar-coating everything.  Time and again these unresolved issues that have been pushed aside rear their ugly heads and there i go again - not knowing what to do.  We need to talk about them, we need to be honest, we need to talk trustworthy people about it - we need to talk to God about it. 

I am refering to the type of things we can do something about.  No matter how painful, awkward or inconvenient they may be it is much easier on ourselves to NOT bear it alone and hope that they go away.  Been there, done that - really hard to do.  I recently had one such conversation with a friend.  It was honest, friendship building and at the end...dare i say it...encouraging.   =)

But seriously, things can be so much easier. For me that day, God worked things out through an honest conversation.

Bells ringing in your head? Go deal with em'.  Jesus came to set us free.

Jc.

No comments: