Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Pointing Up!

I've been wanting to write about this for a while. It sort of dawned upon me one day, the fact that we are like arrows. Actually, we really are aren't we?

The lifestyle we make us like arrows that point at some direction doesn't or at something doesn't it? Okay, I'm rambling on but bear with me. =). I think what we say, how we react to things, the things we do and don't do rotates our life arrow and where it points to. For example when I think of Martin Luther King, his life arrow seems to be pointing at the under-privileged blacks of America; when I think of of Mother Teresa, her life arrow seems to be pointing to God, hope and the needy in India; when I think of David Beckham, his life arrow seems to be pointing at fame, hairstyles and soccer. It's just illustration, I don't really know either one of them well enough to be making valid statements like that.

But imagine ourselves - regardless of our job, physical appearance, social status, abilities, achievements, living as walking arrows that point to a Creator. In all we do and say and act just pointing to hope that lies in Jesus! That would be awesome wouldn't it.

Are we pointing to God? Are we pointing the hopeless to the Hope? Are we pointing the sick to the Healer? Are we pointing the lost to the Purpose? Are we pointing the confused to the Way? Are we pointing the lifeless to the Life?

How obvious are our arrows? Are they tiny or are the so big you could see them from a distance? Do people have to spend a week with us to find out or just a day?

OR, are we pointing to the world? Are we pointing to ourselves? Are we pointing to other solutions?

Don't know bout you but I desperately want to be pointing up. There's enough of us pointing everywhere else already. =).

No comments: