Friday, June 27, 2008

How we playin it?

I read this at Border's one day -

"We cannot choose the cards we're dealt, but we can choose how we play them."

It speaks a lot doesn't it? I feel absolutely blessed and thankful for the family that I have, for the friends that I have, for the covering that I have, for the place in life that I find myself. I really do - His grace overwhelms me every time I consider my background and where I'm from. Simply by grace, I was dealt those cards.
We're often placed situations which we did not choose. Could be a physical condition, a friendship gone sour, a bad habit or bad parents. We don't get to choose the cards don't we? Fact is, we don't get to pick the aces. Some of us are dealt the 2's and 3's; some the 6's and 7's. We can't change the past, but we can change the future. We can make a difference. God can make that difference! No one can explain the cards we're dealt, but Jesus came precisely so there would be a way! He can flip our situation, He came to give hope. Being dealt with a set of cards, something we CAN choose is the way we play them.

Who said the player who wins with the best cards is the best player anyway?

JC.


No comments: