Thursday, June 12, 2008

Worry Wart.


I realize that when I am worried about something, especially something with regards to my studies, or my timetable, or my friendship or my feelings....it feels as if the world is revolving around me. And if my problem goes the wrong way, it'll feel as if the earth stops rotating, the stock market crashes and World War III is about to happen! Basically, i am not occupied with anything other than me - my situation! And these are only problems on a relatively small scale, just imagine what it would be like when those BIG things come along and hits me in the face (I'm trying to get ready for those. =D).

And were always taught to take our eyes of our problems and fix it on Jesus. Well, I've tried it and (*drumroll)...it works like a charm! The Bible tells us to fix our eyes on Jesus (Hebrews 12:2) in our lives. Well, I always wondered how to actually do that..any takers out there? I mean, fixing my eyes on Jesus, which i cannot see might pose a bit of a problem.

Well i guess to put it into words, it would mean to think about who He is and how that relates to the problem we're facing. Another would be to remember how He was when He was on earth and see what He did/would do if He were in our situation.

This does a few things for me:
(1) It puts my problem/worry/concern into correct perspective - it is nothing compared to who God is!
(2) It takes away my fear - I have God on my side!
(3) It takes the burden off my shoulders - He has the solution and He'll take care of it (He'll at least teach me how)!

The Bible tells us to cast our cares upon Him because He cares! It tells us not let our hearts be troubled. It let's us know how small we are so that we understand if we have faith and trust in the BIG BIG GOD that we serve, we'll be okay, we'll be more than okay! At the end of lifting everything to God, we find ourselves liberated, free-er, lighter - finally able to think clearly again. Until of course the next thing comes about...which is fine because we've got Jesus the lifter or our heads!

I'm sure many us can identify with this. Please leave a comment if u can..just for encouragement's sake! Sorry if this post is a bit all over the place, i just had dinner (*burp). Cheers!

JC.

1 comment:

Bernie Tan said...

Hi Bro =) it's me Bernie!

Hehe i totally understand what you mean when it comes to worry! I am a worrier and I tend to worry alot at times... But I remember in urban life when Aijet was talking in urban life about casting our worries to God and I was going through a worry patch and I manage to get through it by seeking God and listening to the holy spirit. It is at times very difficult but God knows our needs so cast our worries to him and trust =)

In Luke 12:22 says " 22 Then, turning to his disciples, Jesus said, “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food to eat or enough clothes to wear. 23 For life is more than food, and your body more than clothing. 24 Look at the ravens. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for God feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than any birds! 25 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? 26 And if worry can’t accomplish a little thing like that, what’s the use of worrying over bigger things?

27 “Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 28 And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?
29 “And don’t be concerned about what to eat and what to drink. Don’t worry about such things. 30 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers all over the world, but your Father already knows your needs. "

Our father knows our needs... =)

hehe I manage to find this verse with the great big help from Weng Wai =)

All the best with your exams!!!

You can do all things through Christ! =)

Have a great day!!!

-Bernie