Wednesday, June 11, 2008

There's No Way Out!

In Romans Chapter 8:38-39, it tells us that we are inseparable from the love of God which is found in Christ Jesus. We are told that neither angels nor demons, nor the past nor present can ever separate us from the love of God! Nothing can! We’re stuck with it! There’s no way out! =). I believe this goes for every single human being in planet Earth.

Honestly, I think I have never been so sure and secure in God’s love in my life. Okay, it’s not that I’m totally secure (which I should be), but rather I have never been this secure. And it’s an awesome revelation to have! In good and bad times, we KNOW there’s a Savior that paid the price for us, and we know that we’re worth God’s time (or life) at least! And that goes for everyone.

Few random things I find myself going through:

1)I can’t feel His love

2)Where is He when I need Him?

3)He’s probably mad at me

This is just me. It could/would be different for everyone else. Okay, we could go all psychoanalytic on me and revisit my childhood tragedies to try to find out why. But really, we’ve all been through tough times haven’t we? Just in different contexts and severity.

For the first one, I’ve come to realize something. Since our relationship with God is a reflection of Father and child, this would be an excellent illustration. You know how we’re loved by our parents? Well, me not feeling loved by them doesn’t mean I’m not loved right? That’s just my problem, that’s just me not understanding and believing the fact that they love me. Similarly with God, I think I’ve come to grasp with the fact that He loves me even though I can’t always feel it. His love toward us is constant and unconditional, and that’s the truth I’ve started to learn to build on. Ps. Matt always says this, “Nothing we can ever do will make Him love us more or less.” In other words when I feel loved, it really isn’t because He loves me more. And when I feel un-loved, it really isn’t the opposite either.

Our emotions/feelings fluctuate and change; His love doesn’t. That’s such a relieving thing to know and live in. =)

JC.

2 comments:

Bernie Tan said...

Hey, if you read a comment that i have commented on your blog before i deleted it, i wrote a boo boo on us never forsaking you which i realised sounded not right hehe

but if you didn't get to read it, then here is the update one:

Bro, that is such a great post! It's awesome that you have this revelation! God definetely loves you even when you may not feel it. But he does truly love you =) and will never ever forsake you! =)

We all love you too and you can count on us

-Bernie

JamesC. said...

I know i know. =). Thanks!