Friday, June 6, 2008

More.

More. That word..it holds so much. It carries excitement, expectancy, possibility, hope.

Have you ever wondered whether your life could be more than what it is today? Okay, I'm going to be really honest here. I've thought to myself many times over about how different my life would be had I taken hold of opportunities that come my way. God is in control of everything, I know that for a fact. He's so faithful and powerful, there's no way He's out of control (despite what popular opinion is). I choose to believe that. But I can't help but think I've missed many an opportunity in the past where's He's allowed me to tap into that more.

The beautiful thing is that He is able to see what we cannot at the moment. He knows our capabilities, He knows our full potential. And that includes non-Christians by the way (just in case we think we're that special). So, to realize that potential we've so got to tap into Him right? God doesn't see us the way our parents, our siblings or even our friends see us. He sees past the weaknesses and focuses on our potential. I mean, when he called James and John to drop their nets and follow Him; when he asked Matthew to follow Him - He saw their potential. To everyone of us humaniods, they were just a couple of fishermen and a tax collector. But! They followed Jesus and see where He took them? More. From fishermen and tax collector to apostles and writers of New Testament books. Now, they are forever remembered by Bible readers! More.

Our God brings hope. Jesus saw enough in you and me, enough value in us worth dying for. He saw a potential in a life that could be lived out abundantly by following Him, he saw the possibility in us we couldn't see! My Pastor Ps. Matt says this a lot, "To Him we are not worthless, we are priceless." He did not come to give us value, He came to show us how valuable we are.

Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you....plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

I need to so live in this. If not I'll be less of a blessing of what I could've been. Maybe God made me to be more?

Food for thought right there.

JC.

No comments: